That is right! You can make cheesecake out of avocados! Say what???
This recipe is super easy and a great way to use those avocados in a fun way.
What you need:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 8-oz blocks cream cheese
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 10 Gramcrackers
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a pie dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make crust: In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a medium bowl then add melted butter, sugar, and a pinch of salt and mix until combined.
- Press graham cracker mixture firmly into prepared dish. Bake until the crust looks slightly toasted, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Make filling: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar and a pinch of salt until smooth and fluffy, 3 minutes. Add avocados and beat until smooth.
- Add heavy cream, lime juice, and most of lime zest (save some for garnish!). Beat until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Transfer filling to cooled pie crust. Freeze until solid, 4 to 5 hours. Then Enjoy!!!